Sunday, June 5, 2011

Summer lovin' and Meatless Mondays!

I'm fitting in two posts in one today so bear with me. Memorial Day was a blast with a surprise visit from Mom & Dad (my parents). With a quick trip to Trader Joe's we had ourselves a all American BBQ (meatless Mondays was also on holiday). On Tuesday we took the grandparents to the aquarium and Robby's first visit! It was the perfect trip....quiet, calm and fast.  Robby and Grandpa are on the same schedule: quick trips and not much sun! I would like to say that Robby LOVED seeing all the sharks swimming and was so intrigued by the brightly colored fish passing by, but honestly he just likes being out and about with the family and smiles at everything and everyone. Mom & Dads visit was short and sweet and Greg had only went into work once that week (ahhh teachers summer schedules). Over all the first week of summer was a hit!
~Lisa






Here is a super easy "Meatless Monday"meal idea. I know its the summer but I still love my soup. Trader Joe's has the best tomato soup its so easy to make. That along side a great grilled cheese and you have your self a quick comforting meal. Enjoy!
~Lisa


Don't judge me and my butter usage. 
Fontina cheese is such a great pick for grilled cheese. 




Just in case you were wondering if a 9 month and a 10yr old can both fit into a pack -and- play....they can!

If you come to my house and see teeth marks on all my furniture you know why.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great time :) The photos are so cool.

    Yummy recipe, too :)

    ReplyDelete